Insurance is about getting the bills paid
We Kiwis are pretty optimistic and we tend not to think that things could go wrong. But life has a nasty habit of throwing a spanner in the works. Our job is to ensure you are covered for any unexpected bumps in the road.
What would happen if you were unable to work because of an illness or disability? How would you and your loved ones cope?
Types of insurance
- Life insurance – Pays a lump sum or a monthly income, depending on your needs, to your family and/or business when you pass away
- Permanent disablement insurance - Provides a lump sum in the event of total permanent disablement caused by accident or illness. You can choose how to spend it, it might be paying off the mortgage, getting the best medical care, improving access to your home and workplace, or ensuring your business survives
- Income protection insurance - It provides a monthly income if you are unable to work due to sickness or injury. It safeguards your biggest asset – your ability to earn
- Critical illness cover - Serious illnesses, such as cancer, heart attack or stroke, are more common than you might think, and the cost of recovery can have a huge impact on you and your loved ones. Critical illness cover provides a lump sum payment based on the severity of your illness
- Mortgage protection insurance - Provides payments towards covering your mortgage if you are unable to work due to an illness or injury
- Health insurance - If you became ill, perhaps seriously, wouldn’t you want access to expert care, when and where it suits you? Only private health insurance can give you that assurance. Health cover provides greater choice and more immediate attention when you need hospital care or surgery
Insurance is about keeping the business going
How would the loss of a key staff member affect your business? How about if you were unable to work because of an illness, could your business survive?
You have most likely protected your business against property loss or damage, but what if something happened to you and the people you rely on?
Types of Business Insurance
- Business Life Cover - Provides a lump sum if you or an insured key person dies. The money can be used to reduce business debt or replace income that would have been generated by the key person
- Business continuity - If you or a key person were out of action, how long could your business survive on cash reserves and goodwill? This insurance provides a monthly payment should you or key staff be unable to work due to accident or illness
- Start-Up income protection – It provides a monthly payment if you're unable to work due to sickness or injury to those business owners that have been trading for less than 3 years
- Workplace insurance - Workplace insurance refers to insurance provided to employees by their employer, or offered to employees through their place of work. This type of insurance is sometimes called a 'group scheme'